Joy in Diversity

Saturday, April 2, 2011

To My Son With Love Now and Always

I know that you’re unhappy,
Yes, you’ve reason to be sad,
Your life has not been easy,
And things have seemed so bad.

But there is me who loves you,
And there is God above,
Who offers you His mercy,
And seeks you with His love.

And all the time you’re fighting,
You’re angry and you’re sad,
Still on and on He loves you,
Yes, even when you’re bad.

Please see that there is goodness,
In this “wrong” world there is “right”,
Be we must all choose for ourselves,
To share the “day” or serve the “night.”

You may think I don’t know you,
But that thought is far from true,
I’ve heard your words on Facebook,
So, yes, I have a clue.

And though your thoughts have pained me,
Since I love you, as you know,
I never will desert you, Son,
That’s why I’ve told you so.

So every day you’re living,
Remember all my care,
And that I gave you all the love,
From my heart, that I could share.

Know also that I want for you,
To know God’s heart this day.
He’s good, John, and he cares so much,
Don’t give that all away!!!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment